Wednesday, March 7, 2012

As the sun comes up

So here I am 24 hrs after that last post.

24 hrs?!  That seems like 12 days ago.  Or 12 eons ago.

I am tired.  So tired that when right now, at 6:00 am, I saw that tonight is PTA meeting night, I literally thought "Oh dear, I cannot imagine myself being able to have clean hair and drive down the street for that...."  TWELVE hours from now!! hahahaha!

Oh, speaking of that laughter, have I told you that I have a new crazy laugh?  Oh yes, not crazy like funny, but crazy like a person who has gone cuckoo?  Ashley complains when I try and talk during this laugh, because she cannot understand what I'm saying.  My guess is that this laugh was born of all the stress and surreality (yes, I just created a word?! did I?! should I stop and google it?!  No, I'm too tired to do that.) of the past 6 months.

One of my favorite blog writers, Alice Bradley, writes a column called "Write Anyway," and when I read it right now, I thought this applies to me, especially during this time of my life.  I have wanted to try and write.... no, "Do or do not, there is no try".... Craig likes to quote Yoda to me.  Often. ...... I wanted to write daily, on this blog, to get back in the habit of writing, to wake up my writing muscle, "Hello, wake up!  You've been dormant too long!"  But then I'm too tired.  I will wait until I am not so tired.  Hey, you know what?! Write anyway!  (besides, when you are not too tired will be when you are 112, and rocking in a rocking chair, and sipping iced tea, and that is a long time from now.)

I got up at 5:30 am.  Do not be impressed.  I went to sleep at 9:00 pm.  This is quite late for me, since I've been going to sleep at 8:30 pm.  Like, yes, moments after my children climb into bed.  Like, yeah, me closing my eyes while they are still adjusting their blankies and stuffed animals. 

I am sitting in our new family room.  New to us.  It is amazing to watch, through these large windows, the day go from black to lighter to sun shining through.  I might start doing this routine every morning.  With Dakota snoozing by my side, like he is now.  But don't quote me.  I still have sleep in my eyes.  Great thing about writing, no worries about you having to endure my morning coffee breath. hee hee.

Aidan's alarm clock went off.  It still strikes me as so darling that his 9 yr old self chooses to set an alarm clock, chooses to wake up early, on purpose, on schooldays.  He began this last fall, when third grade began, he was age 8 then.  He likes to have time, as he says, to do all of his own stuff without me hurrying him.  I can see that he likes to get all the "work" out of the way, getting dressed, eating breakfast, brushing teeth, so that he then has a solid chunk of time to do what he wants to do, to enjoy that, before the schoolday begins.  (That is probably two words.  I am making it one word.  No one is allowed to correct grammar on my blog. hee hee)  And he is often disappointed to find me up and awake already, because, I think, he'd like to experience this new independence all on his own, without any parent around, awake, and interfering.

See, I'm writing.  Absolutely nothing of importance, zero content, but still, writing.

Oh, that's right.  24 hrs since yesterday morning.  Ashley got better as the day went on yesterday.  Just like everything in life, after it's over, one can say "Of course it all worked out fine."  In the morning she ate toast, and drank Gatorade, and then drank gingerale, and stayed home from school, was weak and had a headache, kept on drinking to rehydrate... and by the end of the evening she was laughing it up with her brother.

We'll see how today goes, back to school.

1 comment:

  1. Liz - please keep on writing. I'm loving 'seeing' your new life through your own eyes!

    ReplyDelete